Imagine a place where work and fun collide creating a culture that is set apart from the industry standard. Where leaders are approachable, and having fun is the rule. Where employees are tasked to be innovative and work with an ownership mentality.
Welcome to DT Engineering! We Bring Concepts to Life through creativity, innovation, and technology. We have pride in the well-being of our company and the quality of workmanship by assuming personal responsibility and delivering unfound excellence. Our unique work environment allows for schedule flexibility and we have a lot of fun.
About the Role
The Controls Engineer designs and drafts systems of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic controls for machines and equipment, such as arc welders, robots, conveyors, and programmable controllers, applying knowledge of electricity, electronics, hydraulics, and pneumatics. Closely monitoring the progress of the machine from concept through machine acceptance on the customer’s floor.
You are interested in:
- Controls Engineering
- Working with an engineering team, customer, and DT Engineering leadership to discuss the design and function of the machine
- Interacting with the manufacturing engineer and principal engineer to determine the specifications for the job, the estimated hours and schedule, and the specific materials required. A project’s manpower requirements and securing the manpower commitment from the Controls Engineering Manager
- Designing the control system, consisting of drawings detailing power distribution, Inputs/Outputs, wiring schematics, cable and panel layouts, and PLC configuration
- Traveling to on-site customer locations, domestic and international
- Working in teams
You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Proficiency in SolidWorks
- Knowledge of codes such as NEC, NFPA, ANSI and OSHA regulations
- Knowledge of servo drives, steppers, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of electro-mechanical power control (contractors, starters, relays)
- Thorough knowledge of power distribution related to machine control
- Ability to contribute and work well on a team
- Passion for detailed works
- Proficient Microsoft Office Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At DT Engineering, we believe in innovative execution from start to finish as we bring concepts to life. DT Engineering embraces its vision of being the “preeminent, top-tier automation and tooling company within its markets of choice” through the principle of perpetual motion; constantly changing and ever evolving. We pride ourselves in providing the most advanced and creative engineering solutions you’ll find in the industry.
With well over 100 employees (and growing), a location central to major cities and outdoor activities, and a lengthy list of diverse customers, we believe you are our greatest asset and the key to our success. We seek to hire great people and put them in the right roles for their strengths.
As an DT Engineering employee, you’ll receive our traditional benefits package (health, vision, dental, life, paid time off etc.), plus these great perks:
- A profit sharing plan
- A great 401(k) match
- Flexible work schedule
- Ping Pong Tournaments
- Corn Hole Tournaments
- Shuffleboard Tournaments